Dinesh Karthik and Dipika Pallikal to tie the knot in 2015


Indian cricketer Dinesh Karthik, aged 29, is all set to begin his new innings by marrying squash World No.12 Dipika Pallikal in 2015, reports confirm. The Tamil Nadu sports pair has been seeing each other since two years and were engaged last November.

 Karthik, speaking after the couple announced their association with Platinum Love Bands, said: “I have been ready for it (marriage) for sometime now. She has been ready for it from the beginning and the dates are more or less are final. We have gotten to use each other a lot more than it was at the start. So basically, we are ready and there is no fear,”

The couple had no option but to postpone their wedding, owing to a action-packed calender in the past.

“I can’t really complain about how the script has unfolded. I can look forward to settling down in my life after the best year of my professional career. Having Dinesh by my side in the last year and half is special and I look forward to even better times,” said Pallika, who won the historic Gold at the Commonwealth Games earlier this year.

The 23-year-old also added Bronze and a Silver to her CV at the Asian Games singles and doubles events, respectively. Interestingly, the pair revealed that they don't discuss sports.

“That is actually interesting. It is a sports couple but I have never looked at it as a sports couple. We are like any other couple to be honest. She doesn’t know much about cricket to enter into my zone though I know a little bit of squash.

But that is how it is and we are okay with it,” the squash women said.

Speaking on adjusting between schedules, Pallikal: “We are quite driven by our goals. Our goals are very important for us and that is what binds us together. 

Dinesh was not at home when I came from the Asian Games. You expect your fiance to be home after such a big event but he was practising and I respect that. I know that his game is really important for him”.

“We are a young couple and we try to spend maximum time with each other but in our profession it is not possible. And we have somehow learnt to deal with it,” she added.


About Unknown

Puthiyakuralgal we are passionate about doing new things to cover every aspects.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments :

  1. Amazing Photography and superb article .. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete